Our festive sweet and spicy mocktails are free from refined sugar and instead use honey to add sweetness and flavour. Our Australian Red Gum Honey is ideal for this recipe and adds naturally occurring powerful antioxidants.
Perfect to jumpstart your New Year health kick early, or also a great alcohol-free option for those upcoming Christmas parties!
- 6 pears sliced in half
- 5 tbsp honey, we used our Red Gum Honey 10+ TA
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp apple juice or water
- Pinch of ground clove
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 800ml sparkling white grape juice
- Brown sugar or coconut palm sugar to coat rims of glasses (optional)
- Fresh thyme, sage, or rosemary to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking sheet or grease it well. Slice your pears in halves or quarters. Remove the stems.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, and a pinch of ground nutmeg. Brush this over the pears, evenly.
- Place pears in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, until soft and pears are browned on bottom. If you are using larger pears, they will take longer to roast.
- Remove from oven. Once cooled, scoop out the seeds from the pears.
- Place your honey roasted pears in a blender or food processor with vanilla and 2 tbsp juice or water. Blend until puréed.
- Add puréed pears to a large glass pitcher or glass serving bowl. Let it chill before serving.
- Once ready to serve, add a pinch of ground clove, 3 more tablespoons of honey and 800ml sparkling white grape juice to the pitcher or bowl. Stir together.
- Coat the rim of the glasses in brown sugar or coconut sugar, pour the mocktail mixture into glasses, and garnish with a sprig of thyme, sage, or rosemary for that finishing touch.