- 450g salted butter (or margarine)
- 200g brown sugar (or replace with honey)
- 500g flour
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celcius.
- Whip butter until it’s light and smooth then combine with sugar or honey in a bowl.
- Mix in lemon zest and extract.
- Gradually add the flour, section by section, until it starts to resemble dough texture. If the ball is sticky, continue to add more flour until it forms a non-sticky ball.
- Roll the dough ball on a floured board until it is ½ inch thick.
- Using cookie cutters of your choice, cut out the cookie shapes and then place on a baking sheet. We love these honeycomb stamped cookies!
- Bake for 15 minutes, but remember to keep an eye out to avoid them over-cooking! The cooking time depends on the cookie size.
- Enjoy (in moderation!)
Add Necta & Hive honey to your recipes The Jarrah 22+ Honey is rich in soothing nutrients and delicious in flavour. Nectar from the Jarrah tree produces a delicious dark, syrupy honey with a caramel taste.