Here’s a scary fact..did you know that an average large cinema popcorn contains over 1000 calories, over 40g of fat and over 40g of sugar? Maybe you are looking for a healthier option to your usual cinema popcorn or a light snack for the children?
Or even if you are just in search of something to satisfy your sweet tooth, our honey popcorn recipe is ideal.
In just 15 minutes, you can spice up your usual popcorn bowl, with the required sweetness but without the added sugar.
- 3 tbsp of Necta & Hive luxury honey
- 3 cups of popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 handfuls of peanuts
- 4 tbsp of unsalted melted butter
- An optional teaspoon of cinnamon for some added spice
- Melt the butter and add the Necta & Hive honey. This can be done at the start, or whilst the popcorn is popping!
- With caution, pop the kernels over a medium heat, mixed with the coconut oil. A good way to test this is to just add a few kernels at first to test the heat and once they have popped you can add the rest.
- Take the pot off the heat and cover.
- Shake the pot and then put the pot back on the heat.
- Keep shaking occasionally until the popping starts to slow.
- Take the lid off the pot to let the steam out.
- You know it’s done when all the kernels have popped.
- Transfer the popcorn to a large bowl and mix with the peanuts.
- Pour the honey mixture over the popcorn and gently mix as your pour! Sprinkle with cinnamon and toss the popcorn once more.
- Put on your favourite film and enjoy with the family!