Necta & Hive presents, a honeycomb cake that every Queen Bee would be proud of! Easy to share with your friends, and even easier to bake! All you need is a 4-egg sponge mix (or use our recipe below) and a honeycomb pan.
The tear and share, pre-portioned honey cake comes out of the non-stick cast aluminum pan as a giant honeycomb, complete with baked-in buzzy bees for that extra touch!
- 4 medium eggs
- 300g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 250g butter or margarine
- 375g sugar (or replace with stevia or honey for a lower sugar option!)
- 160ml semi-skimmed milk
- Honey and vanilla extract for the glaze
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Grease the baking tin with your choice of oil, margarine for example.
- In a bowl, whisk the 4 eggs and in another bowl sieve the flour, baking powder and add the salt.
- Beat or use an electric mixer to beat the butter/margarine so that it is creamy and then add the sugar gradually, until you deem it light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until it is all combined.
- Add the flour (reduce the speed if using a mixer) gradually and add the milk in between adding sections of the flour, folding the mixture in.
- Transfer to the sections of the pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes and then let it cool before transferring it onto a wire cooling rack by inverting the cake pan.
- Glaze with your choice of topping/icing. We recommend a honey glaze! Let it cool completely before serving it to your friends! Bee-utiful!