- Jarrah and Red Gum honeys are monofloral and unpasteurised.
- Manuka can taste medicinal, while Jarrah has a caramel sweetness and Red Gum is sweet and mild.
- They only come from Western Australia, one of the last pesticide free places on Earth.
THERE'S MORE TO NECTA & HIVE HONEYS THAN BEES, BREAKFAST AND CARTOON BEARS
Necta & Hive Jarrah and Red Gum honeys are high quality, responsibly sourced and antimicrobial, so they’re good for you. On top of that, they’re delicious.
MORE REASONS TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT JARRAH & RED GUM HONEY
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MANUKA AND NECTA & HIVE HONEYS?
- Active honeys like Manuka may all look the same, but our Jarrah and Red Gum honeys are laboratory tested to be antimicrobial.
- Manuka honey is antibacterial. Jarrah and Red Gum honeys are antimicrobial. While Manuka honey has been known to have antimicrobial properties, it’s at a much lower level than Jarrah and Red Gum honeys.
- Antibacterial means active against bacteria. Antimicrobial means active against microbes. Microbes are bacteria, fungi or viruses, meaning that our honey has three benefits in one.
WHAT DOES THE TOTAL ACTIVITY (TA) RATING OF HONEY MEAN?
The TA rating of a honey is a rating of how well it can inhibit the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms. Honey with a high TA rating is called an active honey.
HONEY AND YOUR HEALTH
Find out all the ways a spoonful a day can help make your life a little bit better.
IMMUNE SYSTEM SUPPORT
High in antioxidants, find out how honey prevents damage to your immune system.
BATTLE COUGHS AND COLDS
Doctors recommend using antimicrobial honey as a first line treatment for coughs and upper respiratory tract infections.
HEALTHY GUT, HAPPY DAYS
Good gut health can make you more comfortable, but the overall benefits don’t stop there.