Winter time calls for comfort food. Why not try our warm, sweet and syrupy baked apples covered in golden honey? This is an ideal dessert or breakfast and is gluten-free and low in calories. The addition of our Red Gum honey adds numerous health benefits.
- Pink Lady apples 4
- Red Gum honey 2 tbsp
- apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp
- ground cinnamon 1 tsp
- hazelnuts 1 tbsp, toasted and roughly chopped
- 0% greek yogurt 6 tbsp
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Halve each apple and remove the core.
- Put in a baking dish that they will fit in snugly. Mix the honey and apple cider vinegar with the ground cinnamon and drizzle over the apples.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turning and basting the apples after 20 minutes until they are very soft.
- Serve on top of greek yoghurt, sprinkled with chopped hazelnuts and a drizzle of the syrup. Enjoy!