Kombucha has been around for hundreds of years now but only recently it has reached a peak in its popularity. With a lot of people becoming more health conscious, it is understandable why a lot of people have turned to this beverage.
Kombucha is a great source of probiotics for the intestines, with loads of vitamins, and detoxification properties to cleanse the body and support a healthy immune system.
What you will need to make kombucha with honey:
This recipe makes 2 litres of Kombucha
- A kombucha culture (scoby)
- A glass container/jar
- Tea bags – you can use any you like, but chai tea tastes the best in this recipe
- 100g of Necta & Hive Red Gum 10+ TA
- A tight weaved cotton or muslin cloth and an elastic band to cover your jar
- 2 litres boiling water
- Boil 2 litres of water.
- Put six tea bags into a heatproof container to make the tea.
- When your water boils, pour the boiling water into the container in which you have placed your teabags.
- Stir your boiling hot container full of tea, let the tea brew and cool for 30 mins and then take out the tea bags and strain them.
- Add the honey and stir. Leave to cool further.
- Once your tea is lukewarm, you can add your scoby in.
- Cover with the cloth and place in a warm space for 10-14 days.